Sunday, 4 December 2016

Snowdrops and Butterflies



Every Spring we have these sweet little flowers popping up everywhere. They remind me of Enid Blyton’s much-beloved book The Magic Faraway Tree because they  flourish in the shade beneath the huge old Oak trees that are so much a part of Cape Town. I designed this square in Spring and now it’s almost Mid-Summer! Oh, the days are just too short even if the Sun sets in Summer at around 8:30pm! I’m always complaining that there are not enough hours in a day or days in a year! So much yarn so many ideas, so little time even if I lived 200 years!  :D

May the crochet fairies always be close at hand!




10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! :-) Thank you very much!I'm so glad you like it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, the link to the snowdrop and butterfly pattern is not working. Can you please email me a copy? Thanks so much! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly! I 've tested the Link several times now, and it does seem to be OK? Please try again and let me know? Thank you! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just downloaded it, seemed to work fine.... thanks for sharing, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Diana! :-) Glad it's sorted out. x

      Delete
  6. Hi Jen! Thanks for sharing so generously your lovely patterns. You are a truly gifted designer. Love your squares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I honestly love crocheting with almost all my heart...I leave a bit open for my kids, husband and animals. :D Btw...Nadia Fuad from YARNutopia has included this pattern in her youtube tutorials 365 Days of Granny Squares!Makes it so much easier then to follow this pattern. :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0BBnPtcmyM&ab_channel=FuadAzmat%2FYARNutopiabyNadia

      Delete
  7. Hello Jen, Thank you for your beautiful work. I love your work, thank you for sharing.
    Greetings from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sofie! Thanks so much! Oh, you are so lucky to be living in Greece. I used to live and work in Agia Galini in Crete, before it became a popular tourist destination. Happy times, happy memories! I was always treated very kindly and I will never forget that.Sending a big hug! :-) xx

      Delete